Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Awe, that is so sweet. He is a keeper!

Due to Cloud's heart he couldn't be neutered until he was over a year old. That being said, I knew my husband was a keeper the day that Cloud walked up to him with purrs, turned around, backed up to my husband's leg and sprayed down it. This was his first spray, and daddy's leg is always his favorite object to douse. It has happened many, many time. Yet my husband has never once wanted to get rid of him because of it. That's when I knew for sure he was a keeper!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
AW! Bless! This thread gives me hope for a future SO.

I keep watching things like "Must love cats" and "An Engineers guide to cats" and I wonder aloud, "why can't I find a man that crazy about his cats...."

They exist, obviously, but where are they hiding! I want a man who makes up little songs about my cats! The Klepto cat song is freaking precious!

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
A few nights back I was in my office at the computer and I realized I hadn't heard or seen either of my men in a while so I went into the living room to check it out. They were both fast asleep (or it appeared so) on the couch. MowMow was laying on SO's chest and he had both hands tucked under Mow supporting his pudge. I headed back to get my phone for a pic and SO quietly said he was awake. Poor guy said he'd been like that so long both his hands were numb and fingers ice cold but he didn't want to wake up the cat. :D

I just love men....sometimes.... :p

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
It's always so nice to see how your s.o. is bonding with your cats. :)

When we first got Apollo, I think Eric was a little overwhelmed (and still is sometimes) because, despite owning cats his whole life, Eric has never had such a high-strung, hyper, siamese-mix kitten. Apollo is something else. I can tell he gets frustrated sometimes, but I know he's a keeper because of how patient he manages to be.

And when I catch him cuddling with Apollo whispering, "You like sitting with dad, don't you? Yeah, you're my buddy."

That and when, after a week of raw feeding our cats he said, "You know, I thought this raw stuff was a little crazy at first, but I trusted you, and boy were you right. I'm so glad we switched them to this food!"

·
Registered
426 Posts
I love watching my hubby with the cats. He was not a cat person at all, until we brought Rowdy home, Malley came home shortly thereafter. He calls them his baby boy and baby girl. I love to see how much he cares for them and wants to give them the best. It is like a sneak peak into the type of dad I know he will be, which always warms my heart :love2.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Awww :)
I knew Grant was a keeper when at the start our relationship, he'd come in and sit on the floor and play with Samson & my housemate's cat before he changed out of his dirty work clothes and spent time with us (the people!).. Three years on and we have another cat, are talking about adopting a third and he calls them into bed with us every night! Having pets with my ex was a challenge, he wasn't keen on them and Sammy wasn't even allowed in our room at night. It's awesome having a partner that loves them as much as I do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts