Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cubby threw up this morning, probably because I gave him too much in a short time, and it was all pork chunks, 1 inch or so in size. It didn't look like he chewed it at all. Any tips on this? I wondered if bigger pieces might be a good idea for him, to try to encourage more chewing.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Spread it out on a plate. No deep piles

Signed,

The owner of a puking piggy cat

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He usually meows about once every hour or so, when he's hungry. I usually give him about 2 small pieces at a time. :) I'm not sure why but it doesn't take much to make him vomit. Maybe one good sized chunk would work out better. He does chew meats when the Hen bone is included.

Furryfriends : how many meals do you give them daily?

·
Registered
751 Posts
The farm cats get one meal a day - not ideal but the best I can do. So they get things like whole chicken drumsticks or large chunks of meat.

Housecats get fed 3-4 times a day. Each meal is a chunk of meat, for the kittens a meal can be 2-3 oz and Mikey, the adult cat, gets 1 oz chunks.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it's time to graduate Cubby to bigger chunks. I got some chicken thighs and I plan to give them a big hunk of that, with the bone, later today and see how they do with that. Lukey will do great with it, meaty bones are his meal of choice. Nothing he'd rather do that chomp away at a meaty bone in the bathtub.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts