Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What difficulties do your cats get themselves into?

A week or so ago Missy got herself hung up on the curtain by the balcony door. Poor girl had hooked her claws into the curtain and they wouldn't shake loose. I'd swear that when she looked to me for help that she was feeling rather stupid. She didn't struggle when I gripped her leg and one by one unhooked the claws.

(Please! No lectures on nail clipping.)

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
MowMow gets himself stuck in high places. He always seems to figure out how to climb UP onto them but once he gets there he cries and cries until I come get him back down.

I turned a tidy cat 27lb cat litter bucket into a recycling container for cat food tins and MowMow also got his head stuck in the hole I cut into it (for putting cans in). He kept backing up and dragging the tub with him. I heard the jangling of the cans (that must have been LOUD inside the bucket) and found him backed into a corner in the kitchen. I had to extract his head and cut the hole bigger to prevent further problems.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Lickorish likes to go behind doors and grab at you thru the door crack. Got her claw stuck in the hinge somehow one time. that happened soon after we got her before we were able to hold her to trim her claws.

·
Registered
49 Posts
MowMow gets himself stuck in high places. He always seems to figure out how to climb UP onto them but once he gets there he cries and cries until I come get him back down.

I turned a tidy cat 27lb cat litter bucket into a recycling container for cat food tins and MowMow also got his head stuck in the hole I cut into it (for putting cans in). He kept backing up and dragging the tub with him. I heard the jangling of the cans (that must have been LOUD inside the bucket) and found him backed into a corner in the kitchen. I had to extract his head and cut the hole bigger to prevent further problems.

sorry had to laugh at the picture of that.

·
Registered
472 Posts
MowMow sounds like a real character! Reminds me of my cat Pyewacket. In to everything, constantly getting locked in boxes, drawers or cupboards and then screaming at the top of his lungs to get out. Pye was a classic red tabby with white and with the softest bunny like fur you could ever want. Unfortunately Pye had virus acquired cardiomyopathy and I was privileged to have him only two and a half years before I found him dead on the floor from heart failure.

My two adventurous cats right now are a four year old female, Tux, and a one year old female, Dora. Tux loves high places; constantly as far off the floor as she can get, and loves sleeping on top of the amour in the living room. I have a six foot cat tree she adores climbing over and over and over... Dora loves enclosed spaces. Into every box, drawer, closet and space she can find. Loves to dribble balls, toys of all types and even paper balls everywhere. Lately she has taken a liking to crawling into the dryer every chance she gets, the little bugger.

My strangest cat behavior is with Velcro, Tux's long haired sister. Vel loves to play with toys and she will bring toys to the other cats and make presents of them; bugging the gifted cat to pick up the toy and play with her in batting it around. But her strangest behavior is she teases her own left hind foot by nudging and scratching at it with her right front foot. And when the left hind moves, she attacks it like she would moving prey animals. She will chase her own left hind foot for up to half an hour at a time. I have send dogs do this sort of thing, especially the sheep dogs and especially when they are bored; but this is the first time in forty years of cat ownership I have had a cat do this.

Does anyone have a cat weird for licking or chewing on plastic bags? Inky loves the feel of plastic on her lips and tongue and will bug and bug and bug plastic bags until she is driving me crazy with the crinkling sound of the plastic. She will bug the same bag for at least an hour at a time. Anyone else with this kind of behavior?

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Does anyone have a cat weird for licking or chewing on plastic bags? Inky loves the feel of plastic on her lips and tongue and will bug and bug and bug plastic bags until she is driving me crazy with the crinkling sound of the plastic. She will bug the same bag for at least an hour at a time. Anyone else with this kind of behavior?
Book. I've had to make sure that all TP is taken OUT of the plastic wrapper. Feminine products have to have a bin under the sink 'cause I can't leave them in the plastic packaging. Plastic grocery bags are banned in my city but until then when I'd have them I had to put them in a sealed container to store them.... even the tiny trash bags (my mom bought a box when she was here).. he pulls them out of the bathroom/office trash can and sucks/chews on them.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
My Metoo got herself stuck in a bread bag once. I couldn't stop laughing :lol: Had to pull it off for her (after I took a picture, of course).

·
Registered
710 Posts
Evie has gotten her head stuck in the fish food tub before. On Friday we heard a huge crash and feeble meow in our spare bedroom. We use it as a store room, so there are boxes stacked up. Evie had climbed up in which must have been the manner of a rock climber- it's entirely vertical! She had gotten stuck right at the top and things had started to tumble to the floor. She was so scared, she kept giving feeble meows- I had to rescue her with a dining chair for help! Although, she has since attempted the same thing twice more- and people wonder why we don't let her outside.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
MowMow sounds like a real character! Reminds me of my cat Pyewacket. ……Unfortunately Pye had virus acquired cardiomyopathy and I was privileged to have him only two and a half years before I found him dead on the floor from heart failure.
No offense intended but I find it extremely disturbing to have my heart/soul kitty paralleled to one that was "found dead on the floor".…

·
Registered
472 Posts
MowMow: I meant nothing untoward by comparing your heartcat to my Pyewacket. I am only saying Pye got into the same type of trouble as your MowMow and was the same sort of loving heartcat as your MowMow from what I read on the forum. I mentioned Pye's early death because I miss him so very much, not as a reflection of your obviously hale and healthy MowMow.

Yes, it is quite difficult when you find a heartcat and then have so little time with that cat due to health circumstances; it has happened to me twice and I hope I never experience it again. I did not mean to make you sad, I was not doing prescientience; just missing my orange boy and also fondly remembering him at the same time. Don't you ever get reminded by the antics of a mentioned cat here on the forum to one that is no longer with your now? MowMow's antics for getting into trouble made me smile at my memories of Pye's same type of trouble making; Pye did actually get his head stuck in one of those flip lid trash cans when he tried to get something that must have smelled good to him out of it. Pye was one of the most beautifully deep orange and white classic marked red tabbies I have ever seen. He had soft bunny fur, loved to be hugged and had a purr that was so loud you could hear it from across the room. Your stories of MowMow so reminded me of him. No ill wishing, no harm meant; just a smile of rememberance, the little stab of loss and I shared my memory. Sorry if that alarmed you. I apologize.

·
Super Moderator
26,660 Posts
o.m.g. Cali is a plastic bag ADDICT! I don't let her lick them, I don't know how you can stand that sound. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me, I can be two rooms away and I'll hear it. I was told it's because fish oil is used in the processing of some plastic, mostly grocery bags.

Cali and Charlee will check out every box, no matter what size.

Diet Sunkist: Now with added kitteh

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
Onyx used to lick plastic bags too...middle of the night, it sounded like it was 1000 decibels. When my father was working at home he always had stacks of papers with rubberbands around them. Onyx would stand on the stack and grab the band in her teeth and let it snap back...plink...plink...plink...another one of those middle of the night things that I could hear all the way down the hall in my bedroom. Onyx got herself in real trouble a couple times...once when she was tied out on a rope and tried to jump from my deck to my neighbors and literally hung herself (yes I contributed to this as a stupid young inexperienced cat owner who had no idea she would do something like that). I also used to let her out and she got herself run up a tree as tall as the house roof. After spending hours up there she finally decided to come down, hit a dead branch and fell at least 20 feet. No injuries though...

·
Registered
49 Posts
o.m.g. Cali is a plastic bag ADDICT! I don't let her lick them, I don't know how you can stand that sound. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me, I can be two rooms away and I'll hear it. I was told it's because fish oil is used in the processing of some plastic, mostly grocery bags.

Cali and Charlee will check out every box, no matter what size.

Diet Sunkist: Now with added kitteh

cute :wink:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I vote Metoo for Prime Minister. She has more sense then our current one ;)
If you want a PM who constantly looks for trouble and has a happy-go-lucky attitude that says "just roll roll roll on the floor and then everything will be fine", then yep, Metoo would be the perfect candidate :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts