Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was your first car? If you can, post a pic or find one online to show. :)

I inherited a 1978 Dodge Aspen Sedan when I was 12. I learned to drive on it, but that was it b/c my dad drove it. No one ever seems to have heard about this car when I tell them about it.

Mine was cream with a brown vinyl top!

The first car I bought was a 1984 Olds Cutlass Supreme. This pic I found looks just like my car. Man was that car fun!!!

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
I too inherited my first car, a '92 Oldsmobile 88:

Not the prettiest, or the most gas efficient, but it got me where I needed to go. I swapped my old car with my mom, because it couldn't handle the commute anymore, so my current car is a '98 Oldsmobile LS:

Much nicer, CD player, leather seats, all automatic, the works. My parents pay my car insurance 'cause I help out around the house, so I've been fortunate never to have paid for a car.

·
Registered
465 Posts
1966 Chevy Impala...Man what went on in that car .... oops :oops: cant say that...dont tell Jeanie :lol:

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Mine was a 1979 Mazda Glc. There seems to be no pictures of one on the 'net. Think of a Chevette and you'll get what it looked like. Mine was orange.

·
Registered
722 Posts
My first car was a new car, but before you go "That spoiled brat!"....I didn't get it until I was a week shy of 20, and I got my drivers license at the same time. Bear in mind I had been married 2 years at that point, and my ex husband was a homebody, so if I wanted to go somewhere I had to get him to take me, and usually he didn't want to go anywhere so I actually looked forward to going grocery shopping just to get out of the house.

Anyways heres the car, it was silver same as in the picture, Mazda Protege '98:

·
Registered
672 Posts
Mine was a 1992 Pontiac Grand Am that I bought used with my own cash that I saved by working at the Disney Store when I was 18.

It was wrecked within 2 months!

Not my fault though. The other persons insurance paid me about $1500 more than I paid for it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Okay, please don't laugh... One review on the web said "Great for Tortises, NOT for Hares"... :lol: How true

It was an 88 Nissan Micra... Hey, I was just out of school had a good loan, and it was on sale cheap! My dad called it a pregnant roller skate, if that gives you any impressions

:oops:

·
Super Moderator
8,186 Posts
Mine was a 1992 Pontiac Grand Am that I bought used with my own cash that I saved by working at the Disney Store when I was 18.

It was wrecked within 2 months!

Not my fault though. The other persons insurance paid me about $1500 more than I paid for it.
Sounds almost exactly like my first car experience! It was a 92 maroon Pontiac Grand Am that I bought used with my own money that I saved while working at McDonalds since I was 14. haha. And it was wrecked in one year and it wasn't my fault either. I had to buy another Grand AM. It is a 96 and I got it in 1998. I still have it now and have paid it off. My plan is to keep it till it no longer runs! :D

·
Registered
552 Posts
Bengal Cat said:
1966 Chevy Impala...Man what went on in that car .... oops :oops: cant say that...dont tell Jeanie :lol:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Like you thought she needed somebody to tell her? We're talking Jeanie, here. She's faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive and able to leap tall forum posts in a single bound.

She's nae yer average moderator, ye ken?

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
866 Posts

But maroon, with different hubcaps. It's a 1984 Mercury Marquis. Fans of Grand Theft Auto will not that this is the Mercury version of the Ford that's the cop car and taxis in Vice City (made that game so much more fun for me).

My official first car is this:

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
Hey, Bean! That's a lot like mine, only mine is a bit newer. Boy, is it a tank....but you had told me about the 5 liter something or other that saves on gas. I didn't get the whole story. The car is far from the first one I ever drove, but it's the latest, as you know.

My husband had a garage, and I never knew what I'd be driving from week to week! Once I had a 9 passenger Ford Wagon, but it ate us out of house and gasoline, so we re-homed it!. This Mercury Marquis is loaded and clean. I'm pleased with it. It's gray with a maroon interior. The speakers are scratchy, so I know what I'll hint for at Christmas time!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
It was affectionately referred to as "The White Stallion" by my friends and I. It was a 1988 White, four door Dodge Shadow. It had a leakly head gasket (went through about a quart of oil a week, lol), and a suspension that was so shot I swore you'd get seasick being in the car too long.

I paid $200 for it a few weeks after I turned 16. It was meant to get me to and from work and school until I could afford something nicer, but for some reason even though I could've easily bought something different I kept it for about two years.

It finally bit the dust one day on the freeway... heh, I threw a rod through the oil pan. :oops: So, I took the most valuable thing out of it (the CD player) and off it went to a junkyard -- they gave me $40 for it. I suppose the ol' White Stallion is a cube now...

I couldn't find a picture on the net that was close to it and (thankfully) I don't even have a picture of the thing.

This is the best I could do: Mine had a white exterior and a red interior.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Oh.. I wish i had a pick of my first car.. it was my Favorate..

'89 Pontiac Grand Prix.. Oh baby.. what a first car.. it was one of the only years the whole car was digital.. Digital dash everything.. It was blue, with a silver bottom pannel.. and my step-dad put purple pin stip on it for me. i loved that car.. even though most kids had a new car.. i loved my used one.. lets see it was 9 years old when i got it..

I ended up totalling it by hydroplaining (SP??) into a stopped car on the expressway.. It was horrible.... I would never have given up that car.. and i am to this day looking for one to fix up...

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
I hydroplaned on a major interstate highway for about two blocks--in heavy traffic, before accordian pleating the driver's side into the metal medial barrier. That's frightening! No control at all...no brakes, no steering, just instinct. It's a miracle I wasn't seriously hurt. A week later I was walking like the Frankenstein monster.

My husband had to sell that Pinto, because after he fixed it and painted it a beautiful shade of metallic blue, I just never felt safe in it again. :( That little car could go anywhere in the snow--when everyone else was spinning their wheels and going nowhere!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Here's mine ... a 72 Ford LTD that had been my grandma's (these are not my photos, I can't find any just now).

Only mine was this lovely color and had the soft top as well.

It was affectionately referred to by my friends as The Pickle - it was a boat, but it sure went fast (I maxed the spedometer out at 120 once :oops: when I was 16) and we had a lot of good times in it. Incidentally, it was like a tank, I once knocked down a concrete pole and didn't even dent the bumper!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts