Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to smile at Hugh's Navity play reminiscences in another thread:

Joseph once refused to go on stage without his dinosaurs, one of the Marys wanted to HOLD the baby Jesus all the time (often upside-down). I once accidentally broke my crook over a wise man's head (he shouldn't have said what he said about my brother) and the donkey wet himself. Twice. In one play.
When I was 6 I was picked to be Sleeping Beauty in the school play. A little girl called Susan Searle played the Bad Fairy. I noticed that she got all the laughs and applause because she was acting very bad and evil whereas I was just swanning aroung in a pretty frock being sweet. I remembered this the next year when we did 'Snow White' and I pestered the teacher into letting me be the Wicked Queen. And so a ham actress was born.......

What are your school play memories?

seashell

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Apart from the nativities, I was always in the school orchestra, and so generally didn't get to do much "acting". Having said that, I do remember being in a play about being environmentally friendly, and being cast as a tree. Al Paccino I was not :lol:

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
I remember my artistic scene painting talents were widely drawn upon (pun intended) and didn't leave time for this shy girl to perform on stage. Best one I remember was a Melodrama our 8th grade class did. It really turned out well with the stage sets, props and the costumes. Perhaps not professional, but pretty darn good for 8th graders, and the best our school had put on, to date. ...which was 1981. *cough*cough*

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Heidi n Q said:
Perhaps not professional, but pretty darn good for 8th graders, and the best our school had put on, to date. ...which was 1981. *cough*cough*
You're not alone, Heidi. I was in 8th grade in 1981, too. And I'm guessing that you graduated from high school in 1985?

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Oh my God! Gag me with a spoon! :lol:

Yuppers! :D I don't think the whole "valley girl" thing was still going on by then, but when I first got into HS (central farming valley in CA) it was 'the thing', dressing like Madonna or Culture Club or the guys trying to look like the 'hair bands'. It really is a crack-up to think back on it now! We thought we were all so cool. We were just little kids playing dress-up. :)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
haha funny stuff:D

I don't remember this but my mum told me that when I was in Kindergarten we did a Christmas nativity play and I was one of the 3 wise men.

Another kid was dressed up as baby Jesus and was told to cry for a moment when he was in the manger.

All went well until I apparently got sick of it and shouted at him: Don't be such a darn hypochondriac :oops:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts