Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beef Jerky Chips

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
You didn't put an option for "OMG I wouldn't put EITHER of those in my mouth!" :wink:
UHG! My kids like beef jerky...Whatever, I'll pass on the "raw, dried meat strips" thing.
Pork rinds? Gross~! My dad loved those things. He also loved pigs feet and sardines. I think I was switched at birth. :lol:

·
Registered
777 Posts
Zalensia said:
What is a beef jerky?
ok the real answer... dried, seasoned animal meat. Mostly beef, but also salmon, turkey, bear, deer, etc.
It can be plain, peppered, terriyaki, spicy, etc....

It's not just American - I know they have it in Australia too kangaroo, emu and crocodile jerkey.

ok, now for what I always tell people?
Q: Do you know where beef jerkey comes from?

A: Animal scabs! :lol: :D

Personally I like jerkey if it's homemade - I am not into all the sugar and preservatives they put in it.
I will eat pork rinds occasionally but microwaved? What's up with that??

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is a beef jerky?
Strips of dried, seasoned beef-Some people love it, Some hate it;Real Jerky is really hard to eat and can last a long time,is portable, American pioneers could live on the stuff on the trail;Also known as Pemmican.So ends the history lesson for today :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Cat Whisperer-Your right Jerky can be made out of a lot of animals, I just tend to think of it as beef 'cause I am a Texan :D

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Pork rinds are the only food I stopped eating after finding out what they were. I'm completely disgusted by it.

I love beef jerky (especially the peppered kind made by Oberta), but what are beef jerky chips? Potato chips?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I hate pork rinds of any kind. They remind me of those exoskeletons that locusts leave behind when they shed. Ugggggh
Link to a pic: http://www.thecyberwoods.com/locust.jpg
My siblings used to chase me around with those when I was little because I was so afraid of them. I still hate the little things.

I like beef jerky though, really gives my jaw a good workout,lol. Like all the talking I do isn't enough.

--Zanni

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
My son tried pork rinds for the first time this weekend.... bit into one, made a face, but swallowed valiantly. Then the guy told him it was skins.

Today, at the store, he noticed a bag of them on the shelf. He pointed to them and told me that he never wants to eat those again, because he doesn't like man. "Man?" I asked. "Yeah. They're skin." I thought I was going to die laughing.

Pork rinds are made of peeeeople! PEEEEEOPLE!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts