Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
sheesh. I came home yesterday to an email from Zaida's new mom saying she is not going to come pick her up after all. Her roommate has cat allergies. :|

Bums me out, this sweet girl (Zaida) was such a perfect match to this woman. I was thrilled, now I have to go back to square one with finding a new momma or dad. :cry: The bad part is I can't even take her to the shelter because the woman has not signed the release to make her available again.

Zizi is supposed to be picked up today @ 5:30, but haven't heard from her new parents all week either. I hope this doesn't mean anything. :cry:

This is Zaida playing big sister to Tang

View attachment 65338

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Oh poor Zaida, this is breaking my heart :(- I've loved that little one from the first pic I saw of her. Well, hopefully it means it just wasn't meant to be and her perfect forever home is still out there.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
That's sad. I don't understand how people don't understand the seriousness of agreeing to take on an animal as part of your family. Anyway Zeida has a better family waiting for her. Keeping fingers and paws crossed zisi is going home and the lack of communication is not a bad sign

·
Registered
178 Posts
That is so sad to hear :( I have pretty bad allergies to cat dander. But since I got Merlin my allergies are about 100x better. I can actually be in my parent's house without sneezing or getting itchy red eyes. You just have to build up a sort of immunity to it. That was one reason I got a small kitten, less dander.

It kind of sucks that her roommate isn't willing to at least give it a try. And I also wonder why it is just now an issue.

If I lived closer, I would be up there to get her in a heartbeat.

·
Banned
693 Posts
That's what I was going to say! Maybe Zizi's parents will take Zaida as well!!

keep us posted. The only good thing is that cats don't understand "unwanted" the way humans do. I too have cat allergies, but I marvel no one checked first before offering to take her. Sigh.

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what I was going to say! Maybe Zizi's parents will take Zaida as well!!

keep us posted. The only good thing is that cats don't understand "unwanted" the way humans do. I too have cat allergies, but I marvel no one checked first before offering to take her. Sigh.
I'm actually hoping the same thing. Zizi's parents are a go for today for pick up so I'll discuss Zaida with them when they get here. Maybe seeing her will help. :thumb

This is TWICE that little Zaida has been chosen then rejected. TWICE!! I thought I had both girls adopted a couple weeks ago but the woman chose 2 kittens that could go home with her that day instead. I hope they pee in her bed. :devil

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
It is hard to look at a photo like that and turn away. I think they would be happy together and maybe you can point out all the great advantages of two at once :)

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I agree, having two together would definitely decrease their stress in their new home as they would still be familiar to each other and take comfort with the other. You could provide a list of why kitten pairs are always so highly recommended! It's an added expense but really would benefit both kitties and owners in the end!

Hoping for the best outcomes for them, crossing my fingers!!

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Poor little Zaida! And she's got so many fans here - including me!

Did Zizi's family come to pick him up? Any interest in Zaida from them?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Oh poor Zaida, this is breaking my heart :(- I've loved that little one from the first pic I saw of her. Well, hopefully it means it just wasn't meant to be and her perfect forever home is still out there.
AWWWWW ME TOO!!!! She has "the look". Gizmo gave me the look and that was it :). To be honest....gizmos original adopter didn't show to pick her up...that's how I got her I was next in line.......THANK you.... lady for not showing up because I have her and LOVE her to every lil bit. And btw you missed out on an adorable, loving, sweet, head bumping, talk to mommy kind of cat, always purring and always greets me. Thank you for being a flake! ;)

Marcia...her mommy is out there...she is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! I loved that lil kitten...she will find her forever mommy/daddy

1 - 20 of 31 Posts