Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Just a few Q's for advice really.

Zippy - male black cat, Neutered, re-homed month and a half ago.

Zippy only has 3 paws, 4 legs. Apparently during birth the umbilical cord was wrapped around his paw and it fell off. Anyway it does't affect him although eh doesnt like to put his 'special paw' down on lino.

Anyway we have been having issues getting him to be friendly. His sister is fine, loves cuddles and all that. Zippy however will only let you stroke him if you have food and even then he sometimes runs away.

Any advice on getting him tamer???

When he goes poo, he will sometime stick his bum over the edge of the litter box so it falls out :( and never covers up. Just jumps out of the box ans scratches around on the floor/wall anything realy. So he know what to do just doesnt do it in the tray to cover up.

Any advice guys and gals????

Also on friday we noticed that he wasn't putting his 'special paw' down but was hopping along, so booked him into the vets later today. Since then he has improved, now just hobbling on his foot so we are thinking about canceling the vets and keeping an eye on him. In an ideal world we would take him and not worry but current financials mean we only want a trip to the vet if absoloutly necessary. We dont want to spend £80 for the vet to say give it time.

Advice and reassurance sought here, or on the other hand yell at me and tell me to go to the vet.

Many thanks for any responses.

P.S. sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've heard that kitty will poo over the box if he considers it too small for him to use.

Taming is something I need to learn too. My little one sometimes gets skittish and freakishly dashes back and forth like somethings chasing after him!

I guess you should bring him to the vet to get his paw seen to. At least then you will know whether it's a health issue or not. You can work your way from there afterwards.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ended up taking him to the vet today. Turned out to be a nasty little cut on his pad :( poor him. So some painkillers and should be back to his normal grumpy self.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts